The Plaza del Obispo, Málaga’s Baroque location par excellence and one of the city’s most important squares. In the square we find the Bishop’s Palace, which was begun in 1762.

In front we will find the main entrance of the Cathedral of Málaga, “The Manquita”, in which we can observe its impressive façade and marble stairs leading down to the level of the square, separated from the monument by a beautiful gate.

The square is centred on a stone fountain, an anonymous 18th century work, built at the same time as the Palace, and which was used to supply water to nearby residents. This water was brought along another interesting feature: the Aqueduct of San Telmo.

Source: malagaturismo.com

Impression

Location

0
(0)

Activity rating:

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0