Plaza de la Constitución is a public square in the city center of Málaga, Spain.

The plaza has been a major town square since the time of the Reconquista when it was known as “Plaza de las Cuatro Calles” (“Four streets square”). It was also previously known as the Plaza mayor (“Main town square”). In 1812 it was renamed “Plaza de la constitución.”

Málaga’s city hall was located in the plaza until 1869. Other former occupants of the plaza include: The Casa del Corregidor (Mayor’s home), the city jail, the Audiencia, and the convent of the Augustines.

In 2002, the Plaza was transformed into a pedestrian square, along with Málaga’s Calle Larios.

Source: wikipedia

Impression

Location

0
(0)

Activity rating:

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0